Cockpit view brightness/darkness [topic in progress]

Your first stop to check for helpful information or previously answered questions.

Cockpit view brightness/darkness [topic in progress]

Postby AADX » 10 Mar 2011 17:46

DCP_0229.jpg

DCP_0228.jpg

screenshot_12.jpg

screenshot_3.jpg

DCP_1566b.jpg

screenshot_4.jpg

DCP_0181.jpg

screenshot_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Re: Cockpit view brightness/darkness [topic in progress]

Postby AADX » 27 Jul 2012 16:40

Work_In_Progress Content

From a trip I took yesterday where I took my camera for a different purpose, but while on my way and observing the sun and the car's interior. Since many of my aircraft have 'modern' automotive style interiors, which in most every case is black-based colors, duo tone black & grey, black & tan, etc.

the key is that the human eye instantly adjusts exposure in a moment as you look inside, outside, both, etc. yet a camera exposes relative to what it que's on. so what's important to notice is how the view is when exposed for looking outside, compared to the exposure when looking inside, even the interior when it IS properly exposed relative to daylight and the daytime strong shadows..

the riddle as a designer is how to make the apparent view look like both at the same time because even as one sits at a computer your eye is still really going to be looking 'inside' or outside' and rarely both at the same time, even when 'both at the same time' one is in focus the other is peripheral. but in every case, the interior structures and textures have to be such so that they look right in every case, but the problem at least seen in v10 (time reference 7/2012, 10.10b4) it's wrong in so many ways. But what's worse to try to counter other than the program display, is people's perceptions and tightly held opinions.

the worst possible interior view is what I call "flash burned", throwing flash at everything to get a good, fully well lit (flash exposed) image, and that's what most *every* other thing uses to get 'bright' textures to then let xpain darken, but it doesn't change the fact that the image (photo sourced) texture is flash_burned. When I show the example below, you'll then understand what you see in some other aircraft interior textures, the telltale flash burn shines and edges.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Return to FAQ's & Instructions