Screenshots WALL : Tack up your pictures!

Screenshots, Stories, Movies, and Tall Tales...

Re: Screenshots WALL : Tack up your pictures!

Postby Swantee1 »

Thanks Aquilla--Its not a hassle--just hadn't noticed it before and thought I should mention it as Jason's rightly proud of his works. (& I love them) Cheers
Win.7Pro.64bit.Asus Crosshair V Formula.series.AMD Bulldozer Black Edit. FX-8150 x8 core.3.6Gb
Asus nVidia GeForce GTX570 1280mb GDDR5.Corsair Vengance16Gb DDR3 1600.1T WD HDD--Saitek X52.TrakIR 5.
Swantee1

Postby AADX »

I have no control over carrier-interaction. I have seen it do course changes while you're on it, that's pretty disconcerting. the plane has the tail_hook and located at the rear of the plane. afaik it's never been an issue before. it's possible that AM is being freaky about using the towing/winching position entry where prior just simply used the front wheel. I've never heard rolling into position for catapult takeoff after landing (even I'd probably use the special situation option to have it start the plane at the catapult position). I still would think that catapult should use front wheel position, whereas glider being towed, or glider towing aircraft would prefer to specify the tow/winch location. Otherwise, as usual, I have to deflect the issue to the carrier interaction is LR issues. to give that a test, try any of Jaques Barault or Barry Ledger's planes with the carrier. intentionally not v10 specific planes which might have any band-aids for that. I'd think those should work as expected not needing any 'new' entries to 'continue working normally', LOL.

i'll look and put the towed/winched position #'s at the front wheel in case.

the prop. well, it has a show hide relative to prop rotation speed. i'll look but there's a point when the prop blur appears and disappears naturally with x-plane, and i've had to guess at the rotational 'tacrad' to show the prop at low speed and hide it when the blur appears. I'll probably just compare it to the same entries on the Cirrus SR2X or Malibu family props. I thought it was pretty standard a # I used on them. but i'll look. Needless to say it's pretty frustrating to pick up pieces after AM may arbitrarily break things. Maybe compare and see if it's the same or different between 970 and 10.~. if there is different behavior and 10 is ill-behaving vs working fine in 970, feel free to file a bug report with LR.

Aquila, yep, that's most likely it for the prop, esp since it's free-turbine on the T6X,
probably windmilling and staying in the in between prop-rotation speed.

lessee;

T6X_prop
Code: Select all
ANIM_begin
   ANIM_hide   15.0 1000.0   sim/flightmodel/engine/POINT_tacrad[0]
   ANIM_show   0.0 14.999   sim/flightmodel/engine/POINT_tacrad[0]
ANIM_end

PA-46-500TP_prop
ANIM_begin
   ANIM_hide   35.0 1000.0   sim/flightmodel/engine/POINT_tacrad[0]
   ANIM_show   0.0 34.999   sim/flightmodel/engine/POINT_tacrad[0]
ANIM_end

PA-46-350P_prop
ANIM_begin
   ANIM_hide   50.0 1000.0   sim/flightmodel/engine/POINT_tacrad[0]
   ANIM_show   0.0 49.999   sim/flightmodel/engine/POINT_tacrad[0]
ANIM_end

hmmm. I think the different #'s are because the engines turn different rpm, and I think the prop_disc_blur appears/disappears at an arbitrary rotational % ratio instead of specific rpm number. :|
Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Postby Swantee1 »

Cheers the both of you, as I say its no great sweat I just came across it today but never noticed it with the Cirrus which was in the same area. I'll give it a try tomorrow just to see. In the years I've flown v9 & now v10 Ive only recently started doing carrier landings and seem to have it off to a 'T' all of a sudden. I gave it up after my first attempts---I put so many planes into the Butts of Carriers I was getting seriously worried about contravening the Sodomy laws--especially with so many sailors about :o ;)
Win.7Pro.64bit.Asus Crosshair V Formula.series.AMD Bulldozer Black Edit. FX-8150 x8 core.3.6Gb
Asus nVidia GeForce GTX570 1280mb GDDR5.Corsair Vengance16Gb DDR3 1600.1T WD HDD--Saitek X52.TrakIR 5.
Swantee1

Postby AADX »

HAHAHA! omg that's funny.

I do think the T6X is ideal for Carrier trainer. I do think a hook obj would be nice eventually on it. I also think that during training that using ATHR would be fairly idea to keep constant speed (proverbial instructor assisted) while you learn the flight path, glide slope, routine. I'd also suggest the shift-W view to get the HUD view and use the flight_vector reticle to plan for your contact point. And carrier traps, are stick-the-deck, no sweet greasy kiss about it. plant the landing, catch the wire, hit full throttle upon deck contact*. (or in the case of the torque-prop-turbine, I'd say instantly advance to half forward throttle to re-load the engine/prop. in the event you miss a wire and need to re-fly.) You could probably try Carrier trainer time with the xHawk, as it comes with a navy type livery, as does the LFX 10, the PZL_Navy livery, as well as PZL_CoastGuard, among other military-styled liveries.

Now you've got me thinking about that, I may have to visit a carrier tomorrow with something. I do think you're on the right track using the (navy variant) T6X out there and exactly for that. In fact I think some off-shore based targets would be a nice way to play with the T6B weapon trainer aspect. it's fascinating to fly it with uneven lateral load. As far as the off-shore-targets go. I wonder if an ACF based, 'boat' in target designation, put out there as the 'team' other items would be interesting. they'd float, and with low-jet-power could move, move with the waves, etc.

thinks about that acf-boat-target idea. :geek:
Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Postby Swantee1 »

Go for it Jason as you say it makes for a great carrier plane and to be truthful I find it easier to land her on a Carrier than an airfeild (Basically because I seem to adjust my approach speed better with the ship in my sights --one can miss judge the planes speed easily as she is a fast little number) Once touched down she can be brought to rest without sweat well within the Carriers setdown length--but a hook and wire capability would be a brilliant (& I recon) welcomed addition--theres not many Hook enabled Aircraft options for X-Plane & lets face it she looks the part.

Off to kip it's 2 am here and I'm taking the Kayak out into the North sea for a spot of fishing tomorrow--Have a G'day all
Swantee1

Postby AADX »

I'm pretty sure the T6X already does have x-plane tail_hook. it's not a visual thing. I do believe it's a button in the cockpit you can find. I do think that putting a visual hook on would be nice and show ppl that it does have it. it's a historical x-plane thing. it's just an attribute the plane can have that's not visual. like aerial refueling point and ability.

glad to see you having so much fun Swantee1. and yeps, the T6X is a big, heavy, and generously powered girl. :)
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

Piper-Mirage_118.jpg
turning direct BZA VOR

Piper-Mirage_119.jpg
just VFR, requested VOR 17 KNYL for the sake of professionalism.
looking south out over Yuma, Arizona.

Piper-Mirage_120.jpg
can be seen on the displays, direct and nearing BZA VOR.
with holding pattern procedure turn initial heading set,
while the red gns course line goes to KNYL

Piper-Mirage_121.jpg
presently at 140kias, intending to cross the VOR at 120kias.

Piper-Mirage_123.jpg
signature move. flap_down, gear_up. during the clean flight portion of the approach.

Piper-Mirage_124.jpg

Piper-Mirage_125.jpg
"parallel entry", crossed the VOR and turned the outbound heading, parallel on the far side of the holding pattern
at about half the distance of the holding pattern loop on the opposite side. down at 90 KIAS for the approach,
with 3/4 Flap position and notes the flat 0° angle AOA. :)

Piper-Mirage_126.jpg

Piper-Mirage_129.jpg
reversing course, turning inbound to the VOR on radial 337, inbound course 157°
note on the MFD set to VOR mode showing the large format OBS/CDI.

Piper-Mirage_135.jpg
setup for the next stage. upon crossing the VOR, will be gear_down
and drop to MDA 680' altitude and heading/course change for the final approach course.

Piper-Mirage_137.jpg
prepared

Piper-Mirage_145.jpg
crossing the VOR, FAF (final approach fix)
gear_down at this position induces drag and is a natural catalyst for the change of altitude
also is a logical, change to near-ground and prepare for landing, evolution.

Piper-Mirage_146.jpg
listens for gear movement down and locked.

Piper-Mirage_148.jpg
confirmed on the panel and begin step down to MDA

Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 2.52.28 PM.png
"thanks Austin"

Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 2.55.30 PM.png
AADX
Administrator

Postby Swantee1 »

Thanks Jason. The T6A does not have a Hook button (Or I can't find it) the T6B does indeed have one which is switchable but there is no model presentation of the hook.
Swantee1

Postby Swantee1 »

Well I tried them as suggested
LEARFAN_X_3.png
This baby ---

LEARFAN_X_7.png
goes down nicely

Mustang_2.png
But there again---

Mustang_3.png
so does this--

Mustang_6.png
little beaute

Must be the pilot...Now where did I store that old 'Shuttle?'

(10 knt Crosswind 35 deg starboard of course)
Swantee1

Postby AADX »

texan_3.jpg
something added to T6A for it's update

texan_4.jpg
some things moved in the T6B for it's update

T6X for 9X and 10X updates uploading now.
I'll update their download pages when the ul's are finished

ty for the eagle eye on those little things Swantee1. Also in this update on them is putting in the tow and winch locations. Winched location is about 1.25' forward of the nose wheel where catapult hookup would be. Towed location, place where if the T6X were used to tow, a target drone or glider, or etc. is at 36' aft which is about 2-3' aft of the tail. !@#$'ing around with the tacrad speed which the prop shows/hides at will take a lot of back and fourth trial and error. maybe next week. that prop show/hide threshold can probably be raised.

Your pictures look great Swantee, I do admit even I'd be hard pressed to attempt the Mustang onto the carrier.
LFX i'd land it within the space of an elevator, but I think you're ahead of me on handling familiarity with the Mustang. :)

I think it's time for another set of liveries to add to LFX/LFX10/LJX10.

I will ask, if anyone can find a picture of a real T6 TexanII with hook. pls send it to me.
Last edited by AADX on , edited 1 time in total.
Reason: T6X update remark. Both T6X_9X and T6X_10X are updated for download now.
AADX
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge