Screenshots WALL : Tack up your pictures!

Screenshots, Stories, Movies, and Tall Tales...

Re: Screenshots WALL : Tack up your pictures!

Postby Criminy »

I have been touring China for the past couple of months. There are so many interesting things to see and such a rich culture, I am thankful we have X-Plane, as I would need some real special permissions to do this in RL. The People's Republic is opening up more to aviation hobbyists, but traveling is still highly restricted in 90% of the country.
screenshot_294.jpg

In these shots I am traveling from Taiyuan (ZBYN) in Shanxi to Xinzheng (ZHCC) in Henan, crossing the Taihang Mountains. These mountains are some of the biggest cliffs I had seen in X-Plane, and thought they must be an error, but then I found them in Google Earth and saw photos taken by residents and tourists to the area and sure enough, these majestically carved cliffs and valleys are really there, and are really that steep.
screenshot_177.jpg
screenshot_179.jpg
screenshot_184.jpg
screenshot_192.jpg
screenshot_197.jpg

I made the journey a few times just to see the mountains in different light. Here they are at dawn.
screenshot_263.jpg
screenshot_270.jpg
screenshot_272.jpg
screenshot_283.jpg

In these next two shots I am travelling west from Xinzheng to Xianyang (ZLXY), in the Shaanxi province. This route took me directly over Song Mountain! This is a truly legendary location, as it is the birthplace of Zen Buddhism and once the home of the Shaolin Temple where Kung Fu was developed by the Buddhist monks living here. The temple was destroyed many times, but its most recent destruction is legend. It may have occurred in 1647 by the Shunzhi Emperor, 1674 by the Kangxi Emperor, or in 1732 by the Yongzheng Emperor. Whatever the date may be, as the temple burned to the ground five Shaolin masters fled and went on to spread the basis of all Kung Fu forms. On of the five refugee masters was Ng Mui, credted with creating the Wing Chun style, as well as other styles. As a student of Leung Ting's Wing Tsun association, it was incredibly exciting to discover this landmark for myself.
screenshot_287.jpg
screenshot_289.jpg
Criminy

Postby Criminy »

I returned to the Taihung cliffs and Song mountain this morning, this time in the SR22T X Edition. Can't get enough of this plane, Jason!
screenshot_317.jpg
screenshot_318.jpg
screenshot_319.jpg

screenshot_325.jpg
screenshot_327.jpg
screenshot_330.jpg

screenshot_332.jpg
screenshot_333.jpg
screenshot_334.jpg

screenshot_337.jpg
screenshot_339.jpg

Ah, Song Mountain! My Qi gets all excited just being near it in a sim!
screenshot_346.jpg
screenshot_347.jpg
screenshot_348.jpg

screenshot_349.jpg
screenshot_355.jpg

Time to go land!
screenshot_360.jpg
Criminy

5U1 -> KSAT

Postby AADX »

screenshot_17.png

X3600 out of 5U1 for KSAT. ~1200nm. 53,000', ~557KTAS, and running the engines at redline continuous 105% N1
screenshot_79.png

screenshot_89.png

Approach into KSAT. Low altitude slogging at ~4000 on the arrival courses. Getting late in the day...
screenshot_126.png

screenshot_144.png

screenshot_155.png

GALLERY
Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

While in San Antonio... I engaged in some recreation....

screenshot_26.png

screenshot_34.png

screenshot_109.png

When finished... picked up my newly painted in PZL Air Force paint X3600 for a swift egress.

screenshot_211.png
Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Cirrus Jet over Sichuan

Postby Criminy »

Continuing my China Trek in a Cirrus "The Jet". These shots are taken between Lanzhou in the Gansu province and Chengdu in the Sichuan Province (airports Zhongchuan (ZLLL) to Shuangliu (ZUUU).
This trip took me over two big landmarks. The first is the mouth of the Yellow River where it empties into Liujiaxia Reservoir. I neglected to take pictures because it was just on the edge of my visual range and didn't see it. When I landed and traced my route in Google Earth I found I had passed a nice opportunity, so I will have to go back :P Actually, though the landforms around this reservoir are extremely interesting and almost alien, the most interesting thing about this river mouth is the Binlingsi Temple, a series of grottoes and caves filled with ancient Buddhist paintings and giant sculptures of the Buddha. The temple is still in use and one of the few protected Buddhist Temples in China. See the Wiki article for more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bingling_Temple
The second landmark is the Jiuzhaigou Valley in the Minshan Mountains of Sichuan. Noting much to say aside from being a protected wildlife area with lovely lakes and multi-level waterfalls. Just thought the area looked beautiful and needed some mentioning.
screenshot_3.jpg
screenshot_5.jpg
screenshot_6.jpg

screenshot_28.jpg
screenshot_30.jpg
screenshot_41.jpg

screenshot_43.jpg
screenshot_53.jpg
screenshot_55.jpg

screenshot_57.jpg
screenshot_59.jpg
screenshot_68.jpg

screenshot_73.jpg
screenshot_74.jpg
Criminy

Postby Criminy »

More fun with the Cirrus SR22T in China. This trip was from Chengdu to Chonqing. The City of Chonqing is interesting in that its population exceeds that of any other of China's provincial level cities, but it is spread far out over a distinct and hilly region. It lies on the famous Yangtze River. Every now and then I take Jason's Seawing for a nice river tour. I highly advise going down the Yangtze around this area. Picturesque gorges and sheer cliffs make up the banks and are dotted with ancient shrines, temples and immense Buddha statues.
screenshot_86.jpg

screenshot_87.jpg

screenshot_88.jpg

screenshot_90.png

screenshot_92.png

screenshot_94.png

screenshot_95.jpg

screenshot_96.jpg

screenshot_99.jpg

screenshot_104.jpg
Criminy

Postby GlowWorm »

Criminy wrote:I have been touring China for the past couple of months. There are so many interesting things to see and such a rich culture, I am thankful we have X-Plane, as I would need some real special permissions to do this in RL. The People's Republic is opening up more to aviation hobbyists, but traveling is still highly restricted in 90% of the country.
screenshot_294.jpg

Wow, what a nice trip report!
Aloha!,
. GlowWorm

Hangar: Starship Mirage Velocity XL Cassutt AADx250TP _x1500 _x450TJ _LearFan CMM510 Colani Fanliner C-T182T Cirrus SE-22T Lear 25 EC135 EC145 A109 B430

http://x-plane.push-point.net
http://twitter.com/XPglowworm
GlowWorm

Postby GlowWorm »

Aloha all,

I was noodling about at PAGS to PAJN to CYPR to CYBD using the Piper PA-34, and switched to the Velocity XL. Roughly some 500nm also due to diversions to check out custom scenery (Inside Passage / Final Frontier). Set for a cruise at 180kts (265 kts groundspeed) at 27500 ft and enjoying the mountainous view of Alaska and British Columbia, Canada.

Here's some ground pics at Bella Coola (CYBD) 3400 x 1100 rez.
Velocity_CYBD_01.jpg
Velocity_CYBD_02.jpg
Velocity_CYBD_03.jpg
Velocity_CYBD_04.jpg
Aloha!,
. GlowWorm

Hangar: Starship Mirage Velocity XL Cassutt AADx250TP _x1500 _x450TJ _LearFan CMM510 Colani Fanliner C-T182T Cirrus SE-22T Lear 25 EC135 EC145 A109 B430

http://x-plane.push-point.net
http://twitter.com/XPglowworm
GlowWorm

Postby AADX »

screenshot_3.png
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

Hot summer days like this... require some cool sea air. After doing hot engine idle speed adjustments.. took little cruise up from Santa Monica to Camarillo

screenshot_3.png

screenshot_6.png
AADX
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge