Cirrus CTJ SJ-50 Mk2

Additional Detail, Pictures, Screenshots, Renders & Information

Cirrus CTJ SJ-50 Mk2

Postby AADX »

New interior in progress. Seeding to beta reviewers.

Copy added to Production Notes for this revision:
06.25.2009 - Time was at hand to re-do the interior. I hate how things progress and evolve and how great work yesterday is invalidated tomorrow. <redacted> Anyway, up goes the ante. New Mark II CTJ interior is fully renderbaked with all new custom texture treatments, custom solutions, custom design, and more. Even for me.. I personally find this new interior design to be extremely, if not excessively pleasant to fly in. It is time to choose some specific design deviations by which to evolve forward in such a way to merge the 2d panel with the 3d cockpit in a similar manner to the SR2X. First point to remember is that the concept mockup shows nothing where anything is, namely switches, buttons and controls, let alone any placards. It shows only a flat screen with nothing present. Is it a panel to install integrated units into, or is it a big widescreen monitor that all will be displayed on? The bolster panel, does it flip up or down, is it just that way for looks, etc. Hehe.. and made worse that combined with Cirrus having some schizoprhenia about their naming. "the-Jet" turned into SJ-50 (if S=Cirrus, R=Recip, J=Jet).. now it's SF-50?? what gives. (Fan? how ridiculous, it is not a high-bypass "fanjet", it's a medium bypass at best turbofan.. but in truth, it's a "JET" so I don't know why they keep changing the designation for. CTJ still applies and remains my official moniker for the model. Anyway, back on subject about the Mk2 re-design. The standby glass system screen is the same. it is a separate avionics unit other than the Avidyne systems, where on the secondary PFD additional system controls such as autopilot values, other mode engage buttons, other variable values can be adjusted, etc. If you haven't had a close look at the standby #2 PFD. have a zoom in on it. But about the main 'pod'. I chose to consider the base panel a panel by which unit separates are installed to make it look and feel more authentic. as it didn't look right to appear to have avidyne and garmin things on a lcd screen along with free floating item like the AOA and AP mode annun. So, the panel base panel is rendered, and the instrument content is merged merged with it. All of the in-pod instrument units are color matched so that it really looks like an awesome and perfect 'instrument pod'. New to this version is a garminlike audio panel, and installation of a garminlike FMS down forward of the throttle. Additionally, and the greatest and most noticeable new feature is the inset switch panel on the lower pod bolster. This has all the switches previously from the 2D panel inset region, plus now authentic cirrus placard remarks, knobs, lighting rheostats, more conventional STEK AP mode annunciator and my favorite VDO style analog AOA gauge. All in all the new pod looks REALLY sharp. On that note, down on the center console surrounding the throttle, forward of the armrest, is installed items for OAT, Chronograph/timer, analog dual-fuel gauge, and the CAPS parachute system button. One very unique thing to this whole solution, is that ... "the 2D panel is fully dynamic and re-arrangeable" while it is also the texture used on the 3d structures. So. if you want to add any instruments to the bolster inset region like standby's. any additional icing system switches, you can (for your own use only) edit the panel_2D in plane-maker and move things arund wherever you want. If you want different Radios, different autopilot buttons, The regions are defined by the rendered areas. This version also introduces a conventional compass slung from the windshield pilar. And probably one of the extra cool new features, is that the interior can now change color with livery choice. Presently I haven't done any alternate colors. but I may very soon. duo-tone black/charcoal, possibly a red and blue tone to go with the red & blue Cirrus Perspecive style paints, etc. The default and standard color is neutral tan-beige/black-grey. The regions are not particularly end user color changeable, but if you ahve a color request, you can ask for it. (a color swatch image would be helpful for setting the right color you want). At this time however, because of the re-do.. the LIT interior texture is now gone. I'll be re-doing that sometime in the forseeable future with blender rendered lights, and only one LIT version as I would do it. This also invalidates the previous interior & texture, so it cannot be used or re-installed.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Re: Cirrus CTJ SJ-50 Mk2

Postby jode »

Jason,
I want to congratulate and encourage you to this innovative new panel concept.
This new concept could also be a starting point to the AADX-designed aircrafts.
One of my favorite personal jets is the AADX-3600 where I missed some buttons / switches
in the 3-D view.
Below I've attached a picture of the interior of the AADX-3600. But this is only meant as an interims solution.

-
aadx3600.png

Keep up the good work!

- Josef
jode

Postby GlowWorm »

AADX wrote:New interior in progress. Seeding to beta reviewers.

RX_CTJ_INT_01.png

RX_CTJ_INT_02.png

[/quote]

Great to see that your design has gone up a few steps in realistic view. Looking forward to this design methodology rolled out to other models. Excellent improvement!
Aloha!,
. GlowWorm

Hangar: Starship Mirage Velocity XL Cassutt AADx250TP _x1500 _x450TJ _LearFan CMM510 Colani Fanliner C-T182T Cirrus SE-22T Lear 25 EC135 EC145 A109 B430

http://x-plane.push-point.net
http://twitter.com/XPglowworm
GlowWorm

Postby AADX »

Updated in the past week with the bake overlay that applies to the interior, auto-leveled for the areas omitting the top of the dash panel that was full white before. now the rear areas have a better calibrated white to black shademap overlay

also added is a generic instrument pie graph to the PFD for AOA. It's very helpful and useful to have an eye on even just a graphical representation of AOA for stall and accelerated stall proximity.

to be straight, i've flown "CTJ" and compared it to "C4" and I can definitively say that "CTJ" is right, and "C4" is WRONG. I wont' say how as to give away any hints for those that would try to 'fix' C4. But this is what I predicted in the first place. CTJ is made entirely reverse engineering the manufacturer projections and performance target claims. Is made using a primer key for scale, factual data for the engine type certified at the time, and all information entered based on solid foundation estimates, reverse-engineer, or calculated to achieve the stated performance projection targets. "CTJ" is a pure joy to fly. is a pilots delight. has smart choices for instrumentation, ergonomics, functionality, systems, and genuine aircraft & pilot subjects. Anyway, for any 'squirrels' .... that try to compare the default "cirrus jet" to CTJ... I say fine, knock yourselves out, if you really like the 3d interior and appearnce of the "c4" go get busy in there, what do I care. If you really want a pilots aircraft, if you really want a satisfying flight experience, if you trust ME and my vision, experience, methodology and what I am able to produce visually.. the CTJ is a very satisfying aircraft. I am getting viciously sick of emails form people trying to get me to pimp out why they should buy CTJ when there is a default 'cirrus jet' included. I will no longer answer those emails. I'm saying it here.

Anyway, maybe that rant is over now.

I quite enjoy and am satisfied flying CTJ (aka, Cirrus "the Jet" SJ-50, SF-50 "Vision"), whether it's cycles around the pattern, low alt, high alt, short range, long range, vfr, or ifr.. It's a great aircraft, with great faculties, with a fit and feel that is unchallenged.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

I needed a validation run to demonstrate "trimmed for hands off" stability and how responsive/sensitive the CTJ is, and isn't.

Vne disregarded, in *test pilot* mode. a few hits of nose down trim, and you can see the path vector. Through QSAF in ~about 5-6 minutes overall, the video is cut down for run length and to demonstrate control stability when hand flown, at the highest speed possible which would make for the largest flight path deviations if there were any instabilities or errant sensitivity.

About 320-330 up to 360'ish turned in. Takeoff at mid weight and just laid it in for one lap of the course. A really nice fly.

plus here. showing the updated rendered interior. lighter color textures, main area, panel portions, and it does have a night treatment that is hard to see during daytime website viewing to see the subleties of the screen and electronics glow.

4096x3200 size daytime render. look close. you'll either like it or you won't.

AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

chrisreynoldsaz wrote:On Sep 18, 2013, at 11:26 PM

Took your Cirrus for a spin tonight - freaking awesome. So much better than the default Vision jet.

Looking at your other planes - I think the SR22 is next!

Thanks Jason! Really nice work on these.

Chris

:D
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

On Aug 28, 2014, at 5:56 PM, vincent wrote:

jason,

your Cirrus is just amazing!

i had been trying for the last couple of days the default Cirrus Jet that
comes with X-Plane.
i love the high cruise speed and the low stall speed, plus the great
visibility of the horizon.

but yours is way better!
this has instantly replaced your Piper Mirage as my favorite plane.

i just love that you can see all the main instruments and a nice view of the
horizon at the same times.

vincent
AADX
Administrator

Return to Aircraft Information Topics