All together in one group, "SR2X", Full OBJ in, out, up and down....
(3) unique ACF's, for each SR20, SR22 and SR22T. (1) 3D OBJ body made to excruciating tolerance to the scale 3-view that is used by each of the ACF's. (1) 3D OBJ interior, .. oh.. over 95% remade from scratch, with new geo, new seats, new textures, new panel, new glass, new freaking everything. SR20 has 2 blade propeller and performance tuned to match. SR22 & 22T have 3 blade propellers and are tuned for their respective performance. Each SR# model acf has unique and factual data entered into the flight model so that each are faithful aircraft to their real world counterparts. Specially made custom airfoils are applied to the SR2X line to best-replicate the qualities and properties of the Cirrus wing*
Each SR2# is saved with a livery choice relative to it's #. Crimson & Iridium GTS. Criminy has been seeded with the paint source files so he can work on the "Perspective" (paint) metallic styles that are the blue, gold, silver and red. It's a real first for many of the things I've done in here, with hybrid crossover of panel and texture technologies. Multi acf in one package using the same resources to both merge the unique planes together and simply the previous all multi-separates ito one group, while making them very very powerful set relying on shared resources so they are flexible.
The price is still rooted in the five-by-five plan, of $5 for each component. The same concept that made $10 acf/2d planes, $15 acf/2d/3d_pit planes. acf/acf/acf/2d_content/3d_pit/3d_body/x_material = $35. This way it's easier to see how each additive piece adds up at the bottom line. Straight up, logical and air tight fair.
All Cirrus SR2# 9X holders will become SR2X_9X owners. My grand bonus to all the people who supported the acf-bodied SR while this was being worked on in secret. Anyway. Get ready for your eyes to bleed, and your hearts to stop for SR2X_9X.
Available now for download & purchase.
- Any Display Resolution Size Aspect Ratio, native view
- Complete and Fully Functional 3D Cockpit
- 3D rendered surfaces, inside and out
- Fully Animated 3D body
- Custom Avidyne MFD solution
- Custom Garmin* FMS panel unit
- Multiple Liveries per SR#
- Custom Airfoils
- Endorsement by Cirrus Aircraft
Here's some of the screenshots taken to show the 3D body form made by and matched to the scale 3-view.
"W" forward view is a forward-locked 3D view. You can use any x-plane view size or size_ratio. The Cirrus SR is the exception to the norm, in that it's natural feature of having all of the controls distributed around the cockpit, has meant that it has been a natve and full-function 3D cockpit for a very long time. That has allowed it to mature and evolve very nicely. I recommend FOV 55 or 65. and if you're on a wide-aspect ratio dispay, up to 75 to get a more natural view. You then pan the view down and around with CTRL-O (tap Q or E to lock the view once you're looking at what you want to control) Zoom in/out with plus & minus keys. and then ctrl-o or W to return to your normal view. In the W forward view, you can slew the view up/down with arrows up/down like you would a '2d' panel. and Q/E to shift the view left right in 45 increments. But CTRL-O enters the panning 3d view where you fluidly move the view around to work the Cirrus controls and view.
TIP: In the X-Plane view menu, choose "Cinema Verite" to see acceleration and G-Forces while in the CTRL-O 3D view, and have a natural less-than riveted stable view. It makes the whole experience really come to life and feel absolutely immersive.
= Final Product Shots and Renderings =
Red, Blue, Silver & Gold Perspective style paints are being produced. "X" Edition paints are being produced. and I expect that there may also be some G2 / GS style white with striping paints produced.. keep your fingers crossed and encourage Criminy.