AADX LEARFAN-X "LFX"

Additional Detail, Pictures, Screenshots, Renders & Information

AADX LEARFAN-X "LFX"

Postby AADX »

~SEVENTY included liveries. Includes 3 wingtip options. Winglet, Blunt & Tip Tank.

LFX PRODUCT PAGE

AADxLEARFAN "LFX" R26BT CONCEPT

One in a new series of "Icon" themed aircraft meant to honor and celebrate some of the greatest aircraft in history. This one represents the Learfan 2100.(1)

My design is suited for 4 seats, and aimed to provide a spacious & luxurious cabin for personal air travel. I didn't want a narrow seat, cramped space.. I wanted a 4 place "Lear", with all the comforts and luxury... but on the GA ramp. In the mid-cabin cabinents for entertainment center, closet, and refreshments, the likes of which are never found in anything less than an 8 place aircraft. From the outside, its agressive looks, raked cockpit, and pressure savvy cabin windows make it fit right in on the corporate ramp next to any biz jet. Performance is on par with the VLJ candidates, cruise speeds over 350kts, >36,000' ceiling, "jet" slippery aerodynamic shape, yet with low GA landing speeds in the sub 60kt territory.

This aircraft employs a water cooled, flex-fuel Wankel type R26B**, 4 rotor, rotary, turbocharged, custom designed aircraft engine (3). Based on a 4 rotor R13B REW, to arrive at a custom version of an R26B, with turbocharger, it produces ~750 flat rated horsepower @ 6500rpm up to 24,000'. (Based on a race tuned, normally aspirated, published capacity of 700hp/9000rpm). Matched to a 2:1 transmission, allows the prop to turn 2000-2500rpm with ample torque and efficiency. In the end, it's truly a one of a kind aircraft that has to be flown to be appreciated. Rides like a baby Lear, flies like a sport racer.

(IIX version says) Model features full 3D cockpit & cabin, with shadow treated textures. 3D cockpit is the same one from LFX9 including reflective interior glass. Native 3D view. Fully functional 3D cockpit, panel, and cockpit environment. No 2D panel, it's all 3D view use and fly. Multiple liveries included. ACF bodied (Images above are renderings from Blender)

---

While reading about the Starship, another aircraft that never made it presented itself. The LearAvia LearFan. (2)

At the time I first read about the 2100, I couldn't find a single shred of absolute data on it. No 3-view, no nothing beyond very basic ballpark type specs. Today, the link above works that didn't before, anyway, without specs to go from, I had opted to design my own.

My only hope is that my LEARFAN-X design, honors and respects the legacy & legend, Bill Lear.

I considered making it a pusher turboprop, in the future I may do a second adaptation with a 750SHP turbine back there, but to explore the green fuels like Ethanol (E100), Bio Diesel, and possibly Hydrogen, I wanted to opt for a 4 rotor R26B Wankel Rotary.(4) It allowed me to have some fun with the gauges, and power controls. And in the research & education process we can all learn some more about the potential in renewable fuels, and how they might be able to be employed in great new designs like this. Additionally, the wankel rotary design allows for near turbine like performance from an av-gas spec engine.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Re: AADX LEARFAN-X "LFX" IX/9X

Postby GlowWorm »

That really sucks AADX!

50 liveries, that takes a day or 5 to try them all ;-)

I wish X-Plane could do that type of rendering results in real time.

Anyways, congrats - they look great! The ones w/ the wingtanks and standard GA-style look very stylish to me. Otherwise, the one with the red top is one my of my favourits! The gray one w/ black door and wingtanks look pretty neat too! And of the one with wingtips, I like the lightgray, darkgray paint job.
Aloha!,
. GlowWorm

Hangar: Starship Mirage Velocity XL Cassutt AADx250TP _x1500 _x450TJ _LearFan CMM510 Colani Fanliner C-T182T Cirrus SE-22T Lear 25 EC135 EC145 A109 B430

http://x-plane.push-point.net
http://twitter.com/XPglowworm
GlowWorm

Postby AADX »

newly finished extreme gallery. 673 renderings done over the course of several weeks showing each of the nearly 70 liveries (68). Showing the three wingtip options; winglet, blunt, tip tank. I think I missed some though. the preview images of the original few. those should be easy to add. I'll also say I went through and took every one of Criminy's amazing paints, and applied the newer detail overlay, vents, wingroot band, exhaust shading and caution band. After most of 700 images and time spent looking at this, I love this aircraft.

The earliest iteration of this being in early 2007, the drawing scanned 2/17/2007.. to me, in my heart, vision and every time I fly it and use it. it has weathered the test of time. Four years and going strong, including the spinoff LJX variant. It is the perfect aircraft for every (GA) flight. LFX IIX is acf bodied and only $10 with the same acf and same cockpit. LFX IX ($20) is object bodied, ~seventy liveries and more are intended, capable and ergonomic cockpit, 3d body and cockpit, night treated panel, ... well, I could go on for days or more. If you haven't had the pleasure of LFX, you're sincerely missing out... in my humble opinion.

LFX caters to every style, every use. Definitively GA styled liveries, mission themed, sport, EMS.

Slow, Fast, Low, High, Easy, Complex, Sexy, Sensible, Responsible, Racy.... If only a woman had all those attributes. LFX does. :)

AADX LEARFAN-X IIX & IX; LFX
related: AADX LEARJET-X XVII, LJX

Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

some context to what a 4-rotor, large single turbo, is capable of, and sounds like. this one shown in the video maximum yield racing tuned, and run to peak output. as designed for LFX and my other turbo-rotary-engine designs, this shows some proof of concept for horespower capacity, rpm capacity, and what the turbo whistle would sound like on top of recip combustion sound. in this video, shows 1664hp. lets just say, the 4-rotor, digital engine management large single turbo in LFX at only 700 as it's max yield, is still... very modest and reasonable.

Seeing that engine there gives some context to the black vents on the sides, top and bottom of the LFX. exhaust heat venting, cooling air inlet, and air intake. All lives in the tail section of the LFX. engine, turbo, exhaust, cooling and accessories, and transmission/shaft to the tail prop.

Enjoy the video, there is another of a race RX7 with 4-rotor 26B that sounds un-boosted, but sounds like a V12. It was nice to nose around youtube for what some people have done to their RX's, for hp validation, and to get an idea about the rotary sound usually in combination with turbo whistle. Same applies to xJoker, Seawing/Targawing.

and a 2 or 3 rotor like xJoker and Seawing would have. To me, this is hybrid internal combustion turbine. Essentially a third type of turbine, not axial, not centrifugal, rotary combustion turbine. intake is centrifugal turbine which provides for pre-compression, so in the compressor stage (rotary internal combustion) takes the place airflow compression combustion ignition. The benefits of internal combustion, the benefits of rotary rotational operation, the benefits of turbine compression, the benefits of sustained compression boost and power application (not jarring ups, downs and gear changes like in cars)
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

In progress of redoing textures, shades, fineness of the grain, etc.

LZ_int_20120110.jpg

LZ_int_20120111.jpg

LZ_int_20120111b.jpg
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

RX_LFX_00D_FULL.jpg

RX_LFX_00N_FULL.jpg

RX_LFX_01D_FULL.jpg

RX_LFX_01N_FULL.jpg

RX_LFX_02D_FULL.jpg

RX_LFX_02N_FULL.jpg

RX_LFX_03D_FULL.jpg

RX_LFX_03N_FULL.jpg

RX_LFX_04D_FULL.jpg

RX_LFX_04N_FULL.jpg
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

Screen-Shot-2012-08-27-at-12.26.jpg
AADX
Administrator

Re: AADX LEARFAN-X "LFX"

Postby GlowWorm »

Checking this page out, brings back memories. I love the timeless design and the little interior details. It's in my hangar, and I'll need to prep it for a flight - long over due. :D
Aloha!,
. GlowWorm

Hangar: Starship Mirage Velocity XL Cassutt AADx250TP _x1500 _x450TJ _LearFan CMM510 Colani Fanliner C-T182T Cirrus SE-22T Lear 25 EC135 EC145 A109 B430

http://x-plane.push-point.net
http://twitter.com/XPglowworm
GlowWorm

Postby AADX »

that's awesome Glow. I eagerly look forward to seeing and hearing what you think. Dominic at flightsim mag com has done a review of it I will read tomorrow and post here too. Thank you for your love to my design here. it really is one of my life long styled designs. I found some of my ancient design books from 30+ years ago and many of them have this same sort of profile and shape, I now better understand where I get and appreciate the design shape from. it is innate with me, this shape and style. I hope you enjoy it and enjoy flying and cockpit style.
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

With regard to the R26B 4 rotor rotary Wankel engine, it's information, sound, and notoriety ;) At one point in this piece it is said to have range up to 930hp at 10,500rpm... normally aspirated and is said to be the 'best engine for racing' (sustained running at power), while being the best output per size and displacement. But I'll just say, yes.. I know. It is well fit in the LFX, JOKER, HAWK, and Seawing's
AADX
Administrator

Return to Aircraft Information Topics