GTAV Trailer Released, Aircraft!

Postby AADX »

GTAV_1.jpg

GTAV_2.jpg

GTAV_3.jpg

GTAV_4.jpg

GTAV_6.jpg

GTAV_7.jpg

Grand Theft Auto V, returns to the state of San Andreas (California) showing the city of Los Santos (Los Angeles), and showing surrounding areas such as Santa Monica, and the rural agricultural region.

Shown are the returning Maverick Helicopter, Learjet (Shamal), a Fighter, and a cropduster. :D

while the item's shown at the links below apply to original GTA:SanAndreas, it's a safe assumption to suggest that up to most of the previous SA listed aircraft return, and I would also suggest that they may add some more modern or interesting ones. I would predict, a couple modern GA's at least. All we do know is what's shown which are aircraft that were also in and flyable in old SA. They show but one helicopter in the new trailer video posted today, while prior SA had six different types.

http://www.rockstargames.com
http://www.gtav.net
http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/

I'll go on to say that while everyone is fanning hype about X-Plane 10, I'd like to point out the graphic effects, terrain, aircraft, in GTAV, that will be run on PS3 & XBOX360, hardware ≥5 years old, and doing a stellar job of it no less, such that it actually does put some perspective on x-plane, it's world, it's rendering capability relative to the hardware requirements going up through the roof.

Anyway, back to GTAV announcement and trailer. This is HUGE news, the previous first trailer for GTA IV in 2007. I expect GTAV to build upon all assets in IV, adding more, and upping the overall ante the same way SA did over GTA:III. My prediction for protagonist? Well, here's a twist. The voice in the narration sounds younger, male obviously, and homogenized american. In IV, the narration was the voice of Niko, so in V I assume that the narration is the protagonist character 'himself', as far as a voice goes. That said though, here is my prediction. Based on watching the video, and seeing what appears to be at least three different figures depicted as the interest_point of the scene. in cars, walking down the street, etc. each of them are similar, young, americanized males, that could plausibly all sound about the same. What does that mean, I suggest that it means that there is one primary voice for the protagonist that applies equally to any one of three to five male player figures you can choose. Same may go for the stated 'family' of the protagonist may be matched. To me that solves the issue in large part of in any game "that isn't me". I feel exactly the same about any pilot figure in any aircraft, that isn't me. So in GTA-V, I predict a possibility of choosing your character which may have some small subsets of better/worse abilities through the story, but would be voice acted by just one voice for all of the cutscenes and story and etc.

Now, when? Well, GTA IV was ~1 year from first trailer to release (Grand Theft Auto IV: "Things Will Be Different" (Released March 29, 2007) vs release date (29 April 2008)). San Andreas, was barely a couple months from first trailer to release (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Trailer #1 (Released August 20, 2004) vs release date (26th October 2004)). So, 1 year forward, or 2 months forward? With Saints Row The Third coming out shortly, I strenuously doubt they will let it have nearly a year to consume people. This trailer being posted ahead of SR:3 releasing, GTA's primary sandbox play competitor. I will put my prediction on the date on the poster... that says "OPENS MARCH EVERYWHERE". Four months from now. Possibly, one trailer per month between now and then. Get ready. :)

I'll add I had this sneaking suspicion they would go back to SA (California & LA). I had gotten my hopes up briefly for going to Vice City, but logic had it all along. SA is rival to IV for quantity of copies sold and thereby it's popularity among fans. Not to discount Miami, but second to Liberty City (NYC), Los Angeles is the next largest location by population and thereby popularity, and if it also includes effectively returns to Las Vegas, San Francisco or any other California based locations. It is assured to be dramatically popular with virtually everyone. SA is the only title of the franchise that hasn't been visited twice. Vice City was VC & VCS. And then there is all the pre-existing Rockstar assets for LA from Midnight Club LA and LA Noir. For me, it will be good to be able to re-visit my roots of SoCal, driving all around. I did that in MC:LA, but it was too gamey and arcadeish for my tastes, and in-car only, no getting out and enjoying SoCal... ahem, I mean San Andreas. ;)

Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Re: GTAV Trailer Released, Aircraft!

Postby AADX »

from 2008, some trailers for R* MidnightClub:LA.

And for interiors, character work and effects, I would suggest looking through the wealth of videos for L.A. Noir. I don't have it, may or may not get it at some point, but it is also a really good and more recent view of what R* has been doing with their technology. In one frame of the GTA V trailer I did see a Bel-Air in the background (or similar non_brand iteration), and LA is famous for exotic and classic cars, to leverage the classic cars from LA Noir and MC:LA&SouthCentral.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RockstarGames#p/p

I should also add, that a prediction of March for GTAV release coincides with coming out just after the new SONY handheld (Playstation) Vita, which is suggested to have all the graphic capability of the PS3, and equivalent of the same amount of hardware controls to the console controller. The Vita is projected for February 2012.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

as caught up today at GTAV.net

two new screenshots were posted officially by R*. Basically I see an AS350 type new high resolution model helicopter for in-game, beyond the Maverick (B206/407), Blackhawk, Agusta and MD500 seen in GTA IV. I'm glad for the additional and better resolution model, as will I be for any other improvements to the other models. in the R* Q&A somewhere, I didn't see it directly myself they did acknowledge ability to fly the aircraft in V. but as usual, didn't reveal much more than that.

The first official screenshots of Grand Theft Auto V have been released today on Rockstar's latest Asked & Answered.

The first shows a police helicopter across the Los Santos skyline, and the second some NPCs sitting in a suburban park area.

Click for a larger size!

newswire_1342100433.jpg

newswire_1342100464.jpg

As well as treating us to the images, Rockstar also answered some community questions.

Without revealing any new surprises, they have confirmed that we can fly planes in GTA V, and that they are simply still "very busy" working on the game.

This, coupled with using both "huge" and "biggest open world game to date" to describe the project, sounds very promising in terms of map size.

Monday, May 28, 2012
GTAV Easter Egg in Max Payne 3
Posted by adamcs at 14:20. Category: General

GTAForums user CantPauseToast made a pretty cool discovery while playing Max Payne 3. He found an office with images of planes up on the wall which look like they were recorded in-game. However, the planes don't appear in Max Payne 3, and 2 of them look identical to the planes featured in last year's Grand Theft Auto V debut trailer.

gta-v-max-payne.jpg
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

6729-gta-v-plane.jpg

6728-gta-v-cheeta.jpg

6727-gta-v-bike.jpg

Monday, August 20, 2012
GTA V Transport Screenshots Released
Posted by Kirsty at 12:30. Category: General

Rockstar Games have released a second batch of screenshots today on their Newswire; this time showing us some modes of transport around Los Santos!

Bicycles are confirmed with the first image, and in the others we can see the Cheetah sportscar and the Hydra jet.

If you weren't excited enough by the screenshots, Rockstar added "More to come this week..." at the end of the Newswire update. Has the GTA V marketing campaign officially started?

Update: Rockstar have also updated the official GTA V website to include all the screenshots released so far; but there are three empty spaces. Keep your eyes peeled on Rockstar's Newswire and GTAV.net this week.
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

V-6-1280.jpg

V-7-1280.jpg

V-8-1280.jpg

http://www.gtav.net
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/

Wednesday, August 22, 2012
New GTAV Screenshots - Leisure
Posted by Adriaan at 12:05. Category: General

As promised, Rockstar Games released another set of screenshots today, all featuring leisure activities within Grand Theft Auto V.

Looks amazing, right? On the game's official website, Rockstar have opened up a further three empty slots following today's screens. Are these planned for release this week, as well? We'll have to wait and see, so stay tuned!

I might say one could regularly try the following link and changing the # as so far the numbering sequence is 1-8

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/img/glob ... 8-1280.jpg
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

Friday, August 24, 2012
New GTAV Screenshots - Business
Posted by Adriaan at 12:06. Category: General

Rounding out this week's surge of GTAV screenshots are an additional four new screenshots within a set called "Business". Rockstar noted that this will be the last screenshots for a while, and will be providing more "in a few weeks or so".

As these screenshots prominently feature a different character than the white male highlighted in previously released game assets, fans are speculating that this brings some truth to the rumor that the game will feature multiple playable protagonists - and we think so too!

So what are these "business" screenshots meant to highlight? Side missions (jobs), perhaps? The truck screenshot seems like it can form part of a "grand theft auto" business, with the crop duster screenshot being something along the lines of "farming" or drug trafficking. Discuss and speculate at GTAForums!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/a ... iness.html

Hope you enjoyed this week’s 10 screenshot special from Grand Theft Auto V.

We will be back with some more to see in a few weeks or so.

V-9-1280.jpg

V-10-1280.jpg

V-11-1280.jpg

V-12-1280.jpg
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

250382_497518150260291_1060637863_n.jpg
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer #2 Coming Next Week, Wed Nov 14

The highly anticipated 2nd trailer for Grand Theft Auto V debuts worldwide next week Wednesday, November 14th. Watch it here at the Rockstar Newswire and at http://www.rockstargames.com/V.
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

CoverReg610.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... uto-v.aspx

The long wait is over at last. With the December issue, Grand Theft Auto V fans can pore over every detail we could get about Rockstar Games' highly anticipated sequel. Over the course of 18 pages (our biggest cover story yet!), we introduce the three main protagonists, discuss the groundbreaking way you use them, and explore the reimagined Los Santos – the biggest open world Rockstar has created to date. The massive feature also divulges and dissects many more aspects of the game fans won't want to miss.

http://www.gtav.net/news/4473/game-info ... -available

Game Informer GTAV Preview now Available
Posted by Adriaan at 19:55. Category: General

The first of many GTAV previews to come starts today with Game Informer's article hitting the digital newsstand today. Continue reading below for our bullet pointed summary of all the important and interesting facts:
General Information:

There are 3 playable main characters. Their names are Trevor, Franklin and Michael.
You can switch between them at any point when not on a mission. When you switch, the camera zooms out into the sky and then back down to the character you switched to.
You can switch to another playable character during missions where they work together. This happens instantly.
Each one has its own personality, motivations and skillset. When you're not controlling them, their lifes continue and you may be surprised to see what situations they find themselves in when you switch back.
Each character has his own story arc.
Of the main storyline missions, there'll be several complex missions focussed on heists in style of "Three Leaf Clover" from GTAIV.
Some characters from GTAIV will make an appearance in V. Niko won't be one of them.
During research, Rockstar took over a quarter million photos this time!
Census information and vehicle sales data were used as a guide to depict the game world.
Big advances in the game's lighting model with vast increases and advances in draw distance and levels of detail.

Features:

You can flip off other characters in the game, and see interesting results dependent on who you're flipping off.
Vehicle physics have been updated. "The cars hold to the ground a bit better". It now feels more like a racing game, compared to GTA IV where they felt "big and boatlike".
After a hiatus in GTAIV, Ammu-Nation is back!
A lot of new side activities, including yoga, jet sking, base-jumping, tennis and golfing on a full golf course!
Rockstar felt that dating wouldn't fit in this game and have stripped this feature.
Mobile phone will return, but friends won't be calling as often as they did in GTAIV. It will be more streamlined and used for things like emails and Internet browsing.
Random character encounters throughout the map, much akin to those in GTAIV - but this time there's a greater variety and they're fully motion captured.
Dynamic missions, similar to Red Dead's "Random World Events" make a return. Examples include characters with broken down cars, a hitch hiker, or two parked cars with dead bodies around them - which you can investigate to initiate dynamic missions.
Dynamic "state machines" were coded in the game, allowing non-playable characters to go about their daily lifes. For example, you may see gardeners and cleaners waiting at the bus stop in the morning, and then find them tending the gardens and houses in the game's fictional Beverly Hills later on in the day.

Locations:

GTAV's game world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined!
Fully explorable Mount Chiliad
A military base
Salton Sea region
Wine country
Wilderness
Fully explorable ocean floor along the coastline

Vehicles:

Most vehicles in a GTA game to date, including - but not limited to:
BMX
Mountain Bikes
Road Bikes
Dirt bikes
Planes
Variety of cars and trucks
Helicopters
ATVs
Jet Skis

Character Profiles:

Michael

Michael is a retired bank robber, who made a deal with the FIB and is currently in the witness protection program.
Lives in a mansion in Rockford Hills (based on real-life Beverly Hills).
Married to wife Amanda, and has a teenage daughter named Tracy and teenage son Jimmy.

Trevor

Former military pilot
Lives in a trailer in Blaine County (desert).
Used to work a few bank jobs with Michael back in the day

Franklin

Early 20s, works at a luxury car dealership.
In the demo, he was driving around Vespucci Beach in his 9F (equivalent to Audi R8).

gta-v-art-chop.jpg

gta-v-beach-girl.jpg

gta-v-lady.jpg

gta-v-pest-control.jpg

--

v_pestcontrol_2560x1600.jpg
2560x1600
AADX
Administrator

Postby AADX »

AADX
Administrator

Next

Return to Announcements